Pages

Send me some Love

made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou
21 June, 2012

Cooking like Mum

I've been missing my mum & dad lately as they have moved states :( so I decided today I would make one of mums special dishes like she always made us. My Family just has one problem Lebanese food or whatever Nan has been cooking since she was my age never has a recipe ha ha so I phoned Mum and well I managed to get it down to a recipe so here is goes Celery & Rice yep I know what you must think how boring! but oh god the lamb is just so tender and the lemon with celery is fab! Try it even if you just make it once so worth it!! (you can thank me later!)


Celery & Rice
Serves 4

1 brown onion
1 bunch of celery
500g heart smart diced lamb or lamb steaks
1-2 lemons


  1. Dice whole onion finely, cut lamb into smaller pieces and fry until all the juices have dissolved and the meat has been sealed.
  2. Cover meat in saucepan with water till it is just covered (don't add to much water as the celery has water in it also) add a pinch of salt and cook for 1 hour on low to medium heat with lid on.
  3. Dice up celery and add to meat once it has been an hour and cook until celery is soft (approximately 30minutes) 
  4. Serve with rice and fresh lemon to drizzle over











0 comments: